Terms and conditions of bookingThe Fishermen's Cottages - 3, 4 and 5 Cowbar Bank, Staithes
1. Your bookings will only be effective when confirmed by us in writing, either by post or e-mail.
2. We normally ask for the full balance of the holiday upon booking. We will refund your payment in full if you cancel for any reason any time up to 28 days before the start of your holiday. If you cancel with less than 28 days to go, we will also refund the full balance if we succeed in re-letting the holiday.
3. Properties are available for occupation from 3pm on the first day of your holiday and must be vacated by 10.30am on the last day (unless otherwise agreed).
4. Only numbers of your party as mentioned at the time of booking are permitted to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. You may not sub let the property.
5. Pets are not permitted at 3 Cowbar Bank but are permitted 4 and 5 Cowbar Bank. You may bring only such pets as have been mentioned at the time of booking, and they must be well-behaved and never left unattended in the property. You must make all efforts to clean up any unreasonable mess created by your pets.
6. You must keep the property clean and in good order and are responsible for informing the housekeeper of any breakages.
7. You must behave with consideration towards our housekeepers, other guests and people living nearby, particularly if arriving late at night at the property.
8. The properties are kept in good repair and are well maintained by our local housekeepers. Should you have any problems during your stay, please advise them immediately and they will do their best to resolve them promptly. Please be prepared to allow access for maintenance people at reasonable notice.
9. We reserve the right to cancel any booking if the property becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our control, which may include flooding, fire, other significant damage or failure of services to the property. Should this happen, we will either try to find you an appropriate alternative property or refund to you any sums you have paid – this being the limit of our liability to you.
10. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party, except where it is due to our negligence. If we are negligent, our liability to you will be limited to the loss or damage which was a foreseeable result of such negligence.
11. If you commit a serious breach of these terms of business, we have the right to cancel your booking and, if you are already at the property, to require you to vacate it at once without any compensation becoming payable to you.
12. Should you wish to change the agreed and paid for dates of your holiday we will make every effort to accommodate you.