Sea Haven is a south-facing traditional sandstone fisherman's cottage
set on a hill within a small terrace of fishermen's cottages, overlooking Staithes Beck and the North Sea.
The layout of Sea Haven means it may be booked for:
- An unforgettable holiday for a family to explore Staithes, neighbouring seaside towns and villages and the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
- A romantic getaway for a couple. We discount the rental price for couples who do not need the top-floor bedrooms.
The cottage is equipped for a relaxing self-catering holiday and features:
- A living/dining room with an Aga log burning stove, smart TV, DVD, wi-fi and even a writing desk (for those of us addicted to our computers!)
- A kitchen with a hob and oven, microwave, fridge and washer-dryer
- A lovely double bedroom on the first floor, with more wonderful views, another TV and a vanity area
- Three single beds on the top floor. Two are in a main room and the other in a tiny separate bedroom leading off it
- A family bathroom with an electric shower over the bath (yes - a bath!)
- A terrace, with a bench and table so you can sit out and enjoy the Staithes vibe
- Parking (we provide a permit) directly in front of the cottage
Other things to know about Sea Haven are:
- The cottage sleeps up to five.
- It's size is best described as 'cramped' for five adults, 'perfect' for family with kids or 'spacious' for a couple.
- The address is 3 Cowbar Bank, Staithes, TS13 5BZ
- Check-in is from 4pm, check-out by 10am. Please respect these times as we need time to clean.
- If you arrive early, the parking permit should be available from 1pm so you can park up in front of the cottage and go for lunch in the village before you check in.
- Similarly, on your final day, you don't need to set off at a gallop - just dump the bags in the car and spend the rest of the morning in the village,
being sure to return the parking permit by 1pm.
- Linen (bedding, towels) is provided
- Electric heating is provided. If you would like to use the wood-burning stove, logs can be bought in the village.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden inside the cottage, but you are free to sit out on the terrace and smoke.
View from the terrace.